Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gallagher slams Goody press coverage

Noel GallagherNoel Gallagher has slammed constant press coverage of Jade Goody as 'embarrassing for Britain'.

The Oasis star claimed that the plight of the dying reality TV star has been given undue attention in light of the country's current economic problems.

"I was watching the TV today and they're all outside her house," he told The Sun.

"There's a global crisis apparently going on, and it's 'Jack Straw, could you have a look at this?' Max Clifford somehow manages to shape the mood of the nation.

"I mean, I’ve got f**k all against Jade Goody, that's nothing to do with me. But it bends my head. That, to me, sums up in one tiny five-minute thing on the news what an embarrassing place Britain is right now.

"You might as well shut Number 10 Downing Street down and get Max Clifford to run the country."

Clifford recently admitted that he was "instinctively" uneasy about continuing coverage of the former Big Brother contestant.
source

No comments: