Thursday, March 12, 2009

5 Minutes with Ellen Pompeo & Patrick Dempsey

Ellen Pompeo & Patrick DempseyPatrick Dempsey yawns. It's early Friday morning at Prospect Studios in LA and the Grey's Anatomy star has been up all night tending to his sick twin boys Sullivan and Darby.

It has been a long week, but despite the exhaustion and early start, the 43-year-old hunk is early for his interview and welcomes Woman's Day on-set with a smile.

Happily chatting away, he immediately stops as co-star Ellen Pompeo enters. Beaming, laughing and gorgeous in a teal dress, the 39-year-old rushes over to embrance Patrick and their colleagues James Pickens Jr and Eric Dane.

"Look at my job" she laughs, referring to the spunky men she gets to work with "This is what I have to do every day!"

"Way to make an entrance. You look gorgeous" says Patrick, disappointed as Ellen greets James first. "I wanted a kiss first!" he says.

As the guys argue over wheter Ellen smells of lavender or geranium, she apologises for interrumpting, but with the leading lady there, the boys admit they can't remember what they were talking about. "It doesn't matter now, does it?" jokes Patrick.

Their catch-up over, Ellen and Patrick sit down with Woman's Day...

Q: The show has been a huge hit in NZ and voted Favourite International Show by Woman's Day readers...

PATRICK: I didn't know that!I'd like to go there. Can't we do an episode where we film something there? Meredith and Derek should go on vacation there...

Q: What's it like to know you have such wide appeal on the other side of the world?

ELLEN : that's what makes the 15-hour days bearable!

Q: Ellen, how do you feel about bein a role model around the globe?Does it put extra pressure on you?

ELLEN: It's fine. I live a very non-eventful life, so it's not a lot of pressure. It comes with the job and it's ok.

Q: Patrick, how do you find the energy to manage movies, Grey's and raising a very young family?

PATRICK: Opportunities present themselves, and if you don't ___ that moment, it's going to go. I've been fortunate enough to take those opportunities when they've come up. I was exhausted by the end of season three and went into a movie, which we ___ rewriting...I've never been that tired in my life. But it was nice to get away from this show, have a perspective and come back appreciating what is going on here. I try to make sure that's daily basics. I appreciate everything here. Some days I win the bet some days I don't.

Q: Do you think that Meredith and Derek belong together?

ELLEN: I think so, yes.

Q: Would you like them to marry?Will it happen?

ELLEN : I'm sure it will. I think the fans will probably storm into ABC if it doesn't happen at some point!
Source: Woman's Day Magazine

No comments: