Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Star Trek sequel talk. Come soon plz



Director J.J. Abrams recently suggested that a follow-up would be likely if the current box office smash was a success.

Screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman told MTV News that they have started discussing preliminary ideas for the next flick's storyline.

Orci said: "We wanted to see what fans think of the first one; let's see what works, and what people think is the best in what we've done. And then we can take that into account when we think about the next movie. I don't think we ever need to talk about time travel again."

Kurtzman added: "Now we're in this new world. And we're just gonna have to live through the unpredictable future."

Orci admitted that they would begin writing the sequel on the day it was announced that the first film was successful, and that he has started reading past Star Trek novels for inspiration.

He added: "I'm trying to read every Star Trek book I can get my hands on. We did that a lot for the first movie...I'm starting to re-immerse myself again in what's come before."


source

No comments: