Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Franz Ferdinand guitarist Nick McCarthy injury

Franz Ferdinand guitarist Nick McCarthy has been forced to walk on crutches after injuring his foot mid-way through the band's US tour.

A video posted on the blog section of the Scottish band's official website shows McCarthy hobbling around the Colorado countryside.

Set to the music of 'Time To Say Goodbye' by classical singers Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman, the clip sees McCarthy struggling to negotiate the local woodland using his crutches, and walking along the highway on his own before cooling his swollen foot in a nearby river.

Writing on the site's Franz Ferdinand blog, McCarthy explained the extent of his injury.

"I've bust my foot and it's driving me insane but the shows are brilliant," he wrote. "[I'm] sitting around all day with my foot over my heart, to get the swelling down they tell me. I had to get out..."

In the video's description McCarthy states that he is trying holistic therapy ("Kneipp Kur") to try and speed up the recovery process.

"This is the old Austrian tradition of the Kneipp Kur, which I learned back in my childhood in the Bavarian alps," he explained. "Who'd have known it would ever come in handy?"

McCarthy is currently playing Franz Ferdinand gigs sitting down.

SOURCE

No comments: