Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Gwen Stefani Covers 'Elle' May 2011

Gwen Stefani graces the cover of Elle’s May issue, on newsstands April 12.

Here’s what the 41-year-old singer and fashion designer had to share with the mag’s Women in Music issue:

On her appearance: “I mean, I’m very vain. That would be my middle name. Of course I am, you know what I mean? I love the visual.”

On her marriage to Gavin Rosdale: “The first time we ever kissed was right around Valentine’s Day. We were in New Orleans on tour. So, yeah, I always think about that because it’s unbelievable that we’ve been able to stay together. I feel so proud of us. It’s one of my biggest achievements.”

On whether Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Katy Perry have taken a page out of her playbook when it comes to style: “Really? I don’t see myself in those girls. I usually put pants on. I see these girls as more going for the sex-symbol thing. I was more, in the band, like a tomboy. Of course, I think every girl is sexy, so there’s going to be a little of that. But I see a lot of younger artists going more toward the sexy thing.”

FYI: Gwen is wearing a stretch wool dress with leather trim from Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci with her own earrings.

For more of Gwen’s interview, check out Elle.com!

No comments: